Monday, January 18, 2010

Eden Gardens,24.11.09






It was a special day for me at Eden Gardens on 24th December. Although I had been to eden gardens before, I never had an exhillaring experience as of today. It was thrilling not only as because the match was exciting but also because I got to sit near to Sourav Ganguly.

He is one of my idol and it was my dream to be near him someday. Sourav's achievements are uncountable. He was the second captain of India to take the team to the world cup finals. Although he is criticised by some but seeing him I felt that what a strong personality and determination he has.

Being a bengali I always adored him and someday I feel that I will be like him, not as a cricketer but as a person.

It was a India vs Sri Lanka match. India had won the match chasing a big target. As India was nearing victory the crowd went mad with excitement.The winter chill was hardly felt as the crowd erupted with joy.


I still believe that it not because of the great Indian players, the crowd at Eden Garden actually won the match for India.

No comments:

Post a Comment